A drain cleaner is an effective method of retaining your pipe and drains. The slower enzymatic-based drain cleaners remove the clog. Does a person want a blocked drain? No, the sink faucet, showers, and bathtub. The clog creates complications and makes the pipe challenging to apply. It causes materials to back up, filling your bathtub with undesirable debris. Therefore, as you spot it, you must clean a clogged drain. A heavy-duty drain cleaner needs to wash your blocked bathtub. Different companies build similar items with almost identical components. Therefore, searching for the best bathtub drain cleaners is a contest. The blog helps you in finding the best bathtub drain cleaner.
5 Best Bathtub Drain Cleaner
1) Liquid Plum
Liquid Plumr’s thick gel powers through hair clog that slows the bathtub drain, as It is safe for drains and pipes, including septic systems. Just wait for drainage of the tub and sink, then slowly put the bottle of this cleaner. It takes up to 10-15 minutes to perform its activity. You must leave this cleaner over the night to work for heavy clogs. After that, wash entirely with hot water in the early morning.
- Not damage your drain system
- Completely degrade the material
- Damage to the rubber material
2) Drano Max Gel Drain Clog Remover and Cleaner
It is a multi-tasked drain cleaner. It is significant for tubs, sinks, PVC, septic tanks, metal pipes, and garbage disposal. This drain cleaner is perfect for any homeowner. This specific model involves some active components that unblock all types of clogs. It helps clear complete drain blockages, hair, and kitchen clogs in 15 minutes. It comes in gel form and works.
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- Sodium Silicate
- Surfactant Blend
- Sodium Hydroxide
- In-gel consistency
- It comes in an 80-ounce bottle
- Work with standing water
- Have a different multi-pack size
- Heavy-duty cleaning task
- Septic safe
- Effective for old pipes
- Non-toxic and cheaper
- Protect metal surfaces from corrosion and rust.
- Effective for partial or complete clogs
- Ingredients protect lines from rusting.
- Not fit for toilets
3) CLR Pipes and Drain
CLR’s Pipes and Drain keep your bathtub clean and prevent clogs with rapid action, once-a-month treatment. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete work. Put two ounces of the fragrance-free liquid down your drain and leave it to work overnight in the morning flush with clean water.
4) XIONLAB Safer Drain Clog Remover
XIONLAB Safer Drain Clog Remover is the best selection for grease or hair clogs. This drain cleaner has enough power to handle tough clogs with innovative technology. It does not harm the biological enzymes that keep septic tanks operating. It uses a rich gel formula that sinks through the water to reach the obstruction. It also removes the block created by oils, fats, soap scum, long hair, and hint. It provides a fast or quick solution for stopping the drain. This item uses a non-toxic industrial-strength hydroxide liquid.
- Gel Consistency
- It comes in a one-quart bottle
- Gel formula works and adheres to the blockage
- Apply in tubs, showers, sinks, septic tanks, and more
- Safe to use
- Not ideal for paper blockage
- Not a good fit for total block
5) Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver
Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver takes the guesswork out of unclogging drains. Its properties are adequate for toilets, bathrooms, sinks, floors, and tubs. This cleaner is a fast and easy way to drop things that cause blockage in the drain. The packets are also set with drain snakes to double the unblocking strength.
- Powder consistency
- Drives in five pre-measured packets
- Movements with five plastic drain snakes
- Environmental friendly as well as recyclable
- Safe and less caustic
- Non-irritation to skin
- Good fit for baths and toilets
- Fit for sinks and tubs
- Reasonable cost
- Dual-chambered, so it is easy to measure
- Not enough for potent blockages
- Not fit on the blocked drainage system
Protective Measures Before Using a Drain Cleaner
Here are some essential protective measures to take while cleaning clogged drains:
- Track all guidance on a chute cleaner’s tag. Make sure the room is ventilated. Do not leave the drain cleaner for longer than specified.
- Wear gloves and eye protection. Do not stand in a shower or tub while pouring the drain cleaner.
- Pour the drain cleaner to avoid spoilage. The acidic nature of chemical cleaners can harm marble, stainless steel, and stone.
- Do not mix drain cleaners with other items, even homemade, or pour the second cleaner down; it does not work. The chemical reaction can create toxic gas unsuitable for the body.
- Always flush the drain well after applying a chemical cleaner, following the packet instructions for the water temperature. Also, note how long it should rinse.
- Try to avoid washing a toilet clogged with a chemical cleaner. Apply a natural enzyme cleaner, plunger, and toilet auger. If the clog remains the same, call an experienced plumber for correctness.
Q#1: How to open sewer line by applying chemicals/
In most cases, the sewer line gets clogged. Here are some essential points that will support it.
- Extending a sewer with chemicals
- Lower the pressure and remove the cap, allowing water to drain.
- It is pretty simple to pour down the substances. Flush the chemicals down the toilet and wait until they clog.
- Select the best chemical for opening the sewer line to handle this problem.
Q#2: How to empty a mainline blockage?
To clear the mainline blockage, follow the steps below:
- Relieve the drainpipe lid
- Pull the cap and permit build-up to drain.
- Insert the plumbing snake into the pipe.
- Let the plumbing snake run until the clog is complete
- Moreover, clean up if complete this procedure.
Best Bathtub Drain Cleaner: Conclusion
The drain cleaner is applied to tackle the blockage bathtub drain. You must have a strong drain cleaner that meets your needs. Also, remember to use a cleaner that does not damage the gutters. Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver is the best bathtub drain the above drain cleaner. I like it the most because it derives from the liquid drain and reasonable cost. It is a secure and chemical-free solution and easy to handle. It damages the materials less than other bathtub drain cleaners.