The water waste is for input or output water in a bathtub. There are different types of drain stoppers. They are all used for relevant purposes. Do you have any interest in bathtub drain stoppers? Then this article is for you. It will help you know the different drain stoppers used in a bathtub, which is good for you. Here we discuss the most popular drain stopper:
Have you ever indulged in a long, luxurious soak in the tub, with the water maintaining its level, offering a warm embrace? The unsung hero that makes this possible is none other than the bathtub drain stopper.
Simply put, a bathtub drain stopper is a mechanism that seals the drain, preventing water from escaping. Whether you’re drawing a bath or want to stop water from draining out for any reason, this small but crucial device has got you covered.
Why Do We Need Drain Stoppers?
For many, a bath is a time of relaxation, an escape from the everyday hustle and bustle. The drain stopper ensures that your bathtub stays filled, offering an uninterrupted time of tranquility. Moreover, it can also be used to soak clothes or to hold water in the tub for cleaning purposes.
Different Types of Bathtub Drain Stoppers
Not all stoppers are made equal. The variety can range from simple to complex mechanisms:
- Push-and-Pull (or Lift-and-Turn): Operated by pushing it down to close and pulling it up to open. Some variants need to be turned while being pushed or pulled.
- Toe-Touch: As the name suggests, a light tap with the toe will either open or close the stopper.
- Flip-It: This type features a toggle lever in the center to open or close the drain.
- Trip Lever (or Plunger): A lever on the overflow plate is moved up or down to open or close the drain. Sometimes, the stopper is visible, but often it’s internal.
- Pop-Up: This stopper pops up and down to open or close the drain, often controlled by a trip lever mechanism.
- Twist-and-Turn: Requires twisting the stopper in different directions to open and close the drain.
Lift and Turn Bathtub Drain Strainer:
The better way to identify the lift and turn drain strainer is you find a small knob on the top of the cap. The knob is available to open and close the drain strainer. You should twist the knob to open or close it. For installation, you will need only one tool: a Flat-head screwdriver. Now we discuss the installation process of the lift and turn bathtub strainer step by step:
- Input the drain body.
- Tighten it using the drain key.
- Input stopper.
- Input brass to install.
- Tighten it with the help of a flat-head screwdriver.
- Input the knop.
- Well, you have done the installation!
Don’t worry about removing a lift and turning the strainer. Here, we discuss removing the left and turn bathtub drain strainer. Please follow the instructions to remove the drain stopper:
- Lift the knob by unscrewing it.
- Unscrewing the brass with the help of a flat-head screwdriver.
- Lift the stopper to remove it.
- To remove the drain body, use a drain key.
- You have done it!
Please do not set the brass in tough. If you do this, it will be difficult to remove it. Setting up a lift and turning the bathtub drain strainer is easy. You can use it long-term without any maintenance. But you must clean the plug to remove hair and other Lightning.
Push and Pull the Waste Stopper.
From an outside look, push, pull, lift, and turn waste stoppers are the same. But when you need to input or output water, you should up and down the knob without twisting. The installation process is the same with lift and turns waste stopper. You can use it long-term without any repair.
Toe-Touch Bathtub waste Stopper
The Toe-Touch stopper is called a toe-tap or foot-actuated drain stopper. You will find many similar things with two others we have already discussed and a toe-touch bathtub waste stopper. You will find a spring-loaded system in it. The installation process is easy for a toe-touch waste stopper. The installation process is below:
- After cleaning the tub surface, place a bead of plumber putty under the flange to provide a seal.
- Set up the flange on the drain crossbar.
- You can use a drain key to tighten the flange.
- Clean up the putty.
- Input the stopper.
- Input the brass.
- Tighten it with a flat-head screwdriver.
- Input the cap on the brass by screwing.
- You have done it!
To remove the toe-touch bathtub drain stopper, you should follow the steps given below:
- Unscrew the drain cap.
- Remove the brass by unscrewing it with a flat-head screwdriver.
- Remove the stopper.
- Remove the flange by using a drain key.
- You have done the work!
It would be best if you downed the stopper cap to open or close this waste stopper. Using a toe-touch bathtub drain stopper from the others we have already discussed is easy. But if you find any mechanism problem, you must change or repair the waste stopper.
Flip-It tub Drain Cap
Flip it cap is easy to install. You should not need any equipment to install this type of drain cap. You will find a toggle lever on the top-right side of this system. If you need to open or close this drain cap, you should move the toggle lever from one side to another side. Now we discuss the installation process of the flip-it bathtub drain stopper:
- Select and attach the enclosed gasket and O-ring that fits your bathtub.
- Try to place a little Vaseline or stem grease inside the drain crossbar.
- Place the flip-it bathtub drain stopper in the drain crossbar and slightly turn to the right.
- The gasket and O-ring will make a tight seal.
- You have done it!
To remove the flip-it bathtub drain cap, you should follow the steps given below:
- You will not need any tools to remove this bathtub drain cap.
- Flip the lever to open the bathtub drain cap.
- Then, it would be best to get a good grasp of the flip-it drain stopper lever.
- You should twist and pull the assembly up from the crossbar.
- Finally, you can do the task!
Trip Lever Bathtub Drain Stopper
A trip lever drain stopper is a bathtub drain stopper in which you find a lever to open or close. It is also called a flip lever. You will find a lever device with a hole on the left and right sides in the trip lever drain stopper. A long connector and a heavy cylinder-shaped component are used in the trip lever drain stopper. You will need a plumber to
Install this type of drain stopper because there is some complex subject. The use of this stopper is something like a pop-up drain stopper. If you down the lever, the cylinder will come into the pipe, and the water will keep in the bathtub. If you upward the lever, different things will happen. We need a plumber to install this bathtub drain stopper because it is difficult to set up. The removal and cleaning process is also not easy. You will need an expert plumber to unscrew the lever plate and divide the connector and cylinder. If you do not clean the hair and garbage, it will block the cylinder when it enters the pipe. In this situation, taking water in the bathtub is not easy. There is another type of trip lever drain stopper. Which used a twist cover. If you need to open or close, twist the twist cover.
Pop-Up Drain Plug
You will find a mix of toe-touch and trip lever drain stoppers in a pop-up bathtub drain plug. If you need to keep water in the bathtub, you should down the pop-up cap. If you need to remove water, you should upward the cap. It is not easy to install this type of bathtub drain stopper. You will need a plumber for this. Be careful to repair it. You should replace the whole system if there is any damage to the rocker’s arm. Therefore, you will need a plumber to clean the pop-up bathtub drain plug.
Stopshroom plugs Bathtub Drain Stopper.
It is easy to install a Stopshroom plug shower drain stopper. To install this drain stopper, you will need to push it into the bathtub drain. The cleaning process is also easy. You can use this when keeping water in the bathtub. Stopshroom plug is a silicon product that is long-lasting and easy to fit any drain. It makes it easy to input or output water in the bathtub.
Stopshroom Shower drain stopper
It is a hat-shaped rubber device that fits on top of the existing drain. You will not need any maintenance or repair for this drain stopper. The Stopshroom shower drain stopper has an easy way to install in the eight-type drain stopper. It is easy to install any drain with or without a drain stopper.
Bathtub Drain Measurement
It is urgent to choose the correct size plug for a drain. If the drain is more extensive than the plug, there will be leakage. If the drain is shorter than the plug, you can not fit it well. To avoid this situation, you need to measure the bathtub drain diameter. You can do it with measuring tape or a ruler. Intricate the bathtub drain stopper like a trip lever and pop up; you should need to measure some extra things. You will need to measure the width and length of the pipe on the backside of the shower wall. If you think it is not easy, you should call a plumber. There is a difference in the local building, but the standard drain is 1.5 inches in width. The old bathtubs are 13/8 inches in width.