When choosing the right size for your drainage hole, there are a few things you need to know.
The size of the plug hole will determine the type and size of drain that can be fitted, so it’s important to get this decision right from the start.
In this blog post, we’ll take you through all you need to know about drain sizes so that you can make an informed choice for your business.
What is the Drain Plug Hole?
The drain plug hole is the hole on the bottom of a sink that you use to empty it. It’s also called the sink stopper.
The drain plug hole is usually a small, round hole in the center of the bottom of the sink.
You can use a screwdriver, pliers, or your hand to twist or pull out the plug to empty the sink.
Some sinks have two drain plug holes – one in front and one in back.
What’s the Size of the Drain Plug Hole?
The drain plug hole is one of the standard features of a bathroom sink.
The hole size may vary from model to model, but the drain holes are generally 1.25 inches in diameter. The widths of the holes may also vary, but they are typically 1.5 inches wide.
This standard size allows various drain plugs to be used with the sink, allowing you to choose the perfect one for your needs.
Pick the right size for the hole when selecting a drain plug for your bathroom sink.
How to Choose the Right Size of Drain Plug?
Remember a few things to remember when selecting the right drain plug size for your bathroom sink.
- The first is the diameter of the hole: The standard size for most bathroom sink drain holes is 1.25 inches, but some models may have larger or smaller holes. If you are unsure of the size of the hole, it is best to measure it with a ruler or tape before purchasing a drain plug.
- The second thing to remember is the hole’s width: Most bathroom sink drain holes are 1.5 inches wide, but some models may have larger or smaller holes. Once you have measured the diameter and width of the hole, you can then select a drain plug that is the appropriate size.
- The third thing is the depth of the sink: Most bathroom sinks are between 6 and 8 inches deep, but some models may be deeper or shallower. When selecting a drain plug, you will want to choose one that is the appropriate size for the depth of your sink.
- The fourth thing is the shape of the sink: Most bathroom sinks are round, but some models may be oval or rectangular. When selecting a drain plug, you will want to choose the appropriate size and shape for your sink.
If you are still unsure which size to choose, it is always best to err on the side of caution and choose a larger drain plug.
This will ensure the plug fits snugly in the hole and does not fall out.
What is the Function of a Drain Plug?
The drain plug is part of a sink, tub, or other drainage fixture allowing water to be drained.
The plug is typically located near the bottom of the fixture and may be operated by a lever, knob, or other control.
Drain plugs are important for preventing leaks and ensuring timely drainage.
They also allow for easy cleaning of fixtures by allowing access to the drain without having to remove the entire top assembly.
How do we Pick the Top Drain Plugs?
We considered some key factors to make choosing a top drain plug easier for you.
- Material: The material of the drain plug is essential as it will determine the durability and overall quality of the product. We usually prefer stainless steel or brass products as they tend to be more durable.
- Branding: We also considered the branding of the drain plug as this can indicate the quality of the product. Some well-known brands that we trust include Keeney and Danco.
- Ease of installation: Another key factor we considered is how easy it is to install the drain plug. We prefer products that come with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Specifications: We also checked the specifications of the drain plug to ensure that it is compatible with our sinks.
- Price: We also looked at the price of the drain plug as this can be a factor when deciding which product to buy. However, we believe it is essential to focus on quality over quantity.
- Comfort: We also wanted to ensure that the drain plug was comfortable. We prefer plugs that are easy to grip and turn.
Now that you know what factors to consider when choosing a top drain plug, you can get these from Amazon.
Top 7 Best Drain Plugs
1) V-TOP Tub Stopper:
The V-TOP Tub Stopper is a great way to seal and free your bathroom drains from mold.
Made from silicone, this soft rubber sink cover is designed to fit over flat or slightly domed drains.
It’s also easy to clean and won’t hurt kids if they touch it.
Best of all, the V-TOP Tub Stopper comes in a pack of two, so you can keep one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom.
The V-TOP Tub Stopper is the perfect solution, whether you are trying to prevent clogs or wants to keep your drains looking clean.
2) Attwood 7526A7 T-Handle Drain Plug:
The Attwood 7526A7 T-Handle Drain Plug is a great choice for anyone who wants an easy-to-use, reliable drain plug.
The plug is non-corrosive brass and fits a 1″ diameter drain. To remove the plug, turn the handle counterclockwise.
The Attwood drain plug is a great choice for anyone who wants an easy way to keep their boat free of water.
3) Danco 1-1/2 inch Rubber Drain Stopper:
When it comes to drain plugs, the Danco 1-1/2 inch Rubber Drain Stopper is a great option.
It’s easy to use and built to last, making it ideal for indoor and outdoor drains. Plus, it includes a split-type ring for a tight seal.
With so many benefits, it’s no wonder that the “There’s a Danco for That” brand is a trusted leader in the industry.
4) Attwood 11587-4 T-Handle Drain Plug
The Attwood 11587-4 T-Handle Drain Plug is an easy and reliable way to plug drains on your boat.
The durable rubber construction can easily withstand the elements, and the brass-plated handle is rust-resistant.
The included chain prevents the plug from being lost overboard, and the 1-inch diameter is perfect for most drain openings.
The Attwood 11587-4 T-Handle Drain Plug is a great choice for anyone looking for an easy and reliable way to plug their boat’s drains.
5) Cooler Drain Plug
Out of all the possible drain plugs you could choose for your cooler, the Cooler Drain Plug is another great choice.
It is compatible with multiple brands, has an improved design, is a good replacement for your old plug, is easy to use, and is made of premium quality materials.
The Cooler Drain Plug is also affordable, making it a great value for your money.
When choosing a drain plug for your cooler, the Cooler Drain Plug is a clear choice.
6) Attwood 7524A7 Snap-Handle Drain Plug
If you’re looking for a drain plug that’s easy to use and reliable, the Attwood 7524A7 Snap-Handle Drain Plug is a great option.
The snap-handle design makes it easy to open and close the drain, and the plug is made from durable materials that stand up to repeated use.
The plug also has a barbed end that helps to keep it securely in place.
The Attwood 7524A7 Snap-Handle Drain Plug is an excellent choice for draining a boat or a pool.
7) Umbra Flex Drain Stop
The Umbra Flex Drain Stop is a great way to clean your bathroom. This rubber drain stop is easy to install and helps to keep hair out of your drain.
The sleek design is also easy to clean and maintain. The Umbra Flex Drain Stop is an excellent addition to any bathroom.
These are our top seven picks. Consider these options when in the market for a new drain plug.
You can purchase these from amazon from the local hardware store.
As a wholesaler or importer, you must know the drain hole size on your sanitary ware. This data will assist you in ordering and storing the correct-sized plugs to ensure that your consumers can easily and quickly maintain their items.
If you’re searching for high-quality sanitary ware, Hofen Sanitary is the finest choice! With our sanitary ware being marketed in over 50 countries worldwide, we’ve been manufacturing and exporting it for over ten years.
Visit our website today to learn more about our company and what we can offer you!